The vision of H.E.A.L.T.H. by the Book is:
Continuing the healing and teaching ministry of Jesus Christ until His return.
The motto of H.E.A.L.T.H. by the Book is:
Improving your health one choice at a time.
The mission of H.E.A.L.T.H. by the Book is to:
- Secure the highest development of the whole person—physical, mental, and spiritual — and to promote happiness in this life and aid in the preparation for the life to come.
- Promote the health message and its accompanying medical missionary work, as revealed in Scripture and the Spirit of Prophecy.
H.E.A.L.T.H. by the Book seeks to do this by following the methods that Christ used as He ministered to humanity while He was on earth.
Matthew 9:35-36 tells us:
Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. When He saw the crowds, He had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.
The Ministry of Healing, pages 143 & 144 tells us:
The Saviour mingled with men as one who desired their good. He showed His sympathy for them, ministered to their needs, and won their confidence. Then He bade them, ‘Follow Me.’ … The poor are to be relieved, the sick cared for, the sorrowing and the bereaved comforted, the ignorant instructed, the inexperienced counseled. We are to weep with those that weep, and rejoice with those that rejoice. Accompanied by the power of persuasion, the power of prayer, the power of the love of God, this work will not, cannot, be without fruit.
The goal of H.E.A.L.T.H. by the Book is:
This will be accomplished through:
- Physical healing through healthy lifestyle choices and the use of natural remedies
- Mental healing through Biblical counseling, healthy lifestyle choices, and the use of natural remedies
- Spiritual healing through Bible study, biblical counseling, healthy lifestyle choices, and the use of natural remedies
- Physical — such as physiology, disease prevention, natural remedies, diet, etc.
- Mental — such as addictions, relationships, emotional issues, depression, etc.
- Spiritual — Christian living, wholeness in Christ, salvation, living faith, etc.
- Being a personal example of physical, mental and spiritual health
- Recommending and sharing what we possess with others
- Packaging it all together into a living, working lifestyle, for
- Mental and
- Complete wellbeing
- Wholeness that is possible only in Christ
- Obedience to God’s laws